Friday 20 February 2009

Gis a Job

After nineteen years and two weeks, I find myself on the Dole for the first time in my life!!, I have an appointment on Monday at the job centre where I have to go to see if after paying approximately £140,000 in income tax over my working life i can claim £60 a week. God life is good. I will have to wait for approx two months for my pittance of redundancy (government maximum)payment. In the mean time Mr Abbey will still be wanting his mortgage paying.I feel really sorry for all the other good people at my old company who also lost ther jobs, especially my lads from the factory floor, and i wish them a speedy return to work. Thats it Whinge over.

5 comments:

Paula said...

So sorry to hear your news, hope something turns up soon, having been there 3 times I know how awful it feels but just remember you are good at your job and it wasn't your fault.

Mand said...

Hope things pick up for you. We have just been put on week on week off for six weeks. They are being pretty fair to us. We lost 32 guys last month. Fingers crossed for this all to change for the better.. sooner rather than later!

Wish you well for the job hunt.

Dan and Mac and their Dawgs said...

Thanks Paula & Mand for your thoughts, hope your job remains secure Mand, all the best Dan

Karen said...

So sorry Dan, its just a nightmare at the moment, good luck with your job hunting and dont let the b.......s grind you down, Karen and the gang x

OBay Shelties said...

sorry Dan; that really suck! Hopefully something better will turn up..